Basil seeds also known as Sabza is a great source of nutrition in our diet. It is often confused with Chia seeds. Anyhow, both have almost the same nutritional value. But prefer Sabza/Basil seeds more during summers.
Sticking to the topic, below are the health benefits of Basil Seeds-:
SOURCE OF MINERALS
Basil seeds are a great source of Calcium, magnesium, and Iron. All these minerals and vitamins make it a great food to add in your daily life. This helps to improve bone health and muscle function.
LOTS OF FIBER
Basil is a great source of fiber. 1 tablespoon of Basil seeds contain around 7gm of fiber.
- This in return supports your Gut health.
- Makes you feel full for longer.
- Control blood sugar levels
- Great for people suffering from diabetes or PCOD
OMEGA -3 FATTY ACID
1 tablespoon of Basil seeds contain gm of Omega 3 fatty acids. This has following benefits
- Increases Good cholesterol
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and other heart-related problem.
So, don’t forget to add Basil seeds to your diet. These have many benefits and will help you live a longer and healthier life.
Now difference between Basil seeds and Chia seeds
Basil seeds Chia seeds
Calories 60 60
Fat 2.5gm 3gm
Omega 3 1240mg 2880mg
Carbs 7gm 5gm
Protien 2gm 3gm