Intermittent fasting is a pattern of eating that aids in weight loss. It does not involve a stern dietary process. It’s just an effortless way of scheduling one’s meal and getting the most out of it. Intermittent fasting can be effective for weight loss as simply eating less.
Intermittent fasting two windows:
- Fasting period window
- Eating period window
Q: WHAT IS FASTING PERIOD WINDOW?
- Fasting period window involves fasting of 16-20 hours per day. The fasting is required as it helps in lowering the insulin and blood sugar levels in our body. Fasting helps in improving mental clarity and helps in increasing one’s concentration. It can be done during night as we sleep so we can have a beneficial fasting period and eat late the next day.
Q: WHAT TO EAT DURING FASTING PERIOD WINDOW?
- Zero calorie drinks
- Black coffee
- Green tea
- Black tea
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon water(without sugar and salt)
Q: HOW TO BREAK YOUR FAST?
- The food by which one is breaking fast should be easy to digest and one could start by drinking black salt+lukewarm water.
- Lean protein should be consumed more. Eg:
- chicken breast
- bone broth
Q: WHAT IS EATING PERIOD WINDOW?
- Eating period window is the eating order after the fasting period. One should start by eating foods which are rich in fibre and the foods which contain high nutritious value and one should avoid bulky foods. The insulin level drops down while fasting and the gut becomes sensitive so the food which is to be eaten should be digested easily by stomach.
WHILE FASTING: THE PERSON SHOULD NOT CONSUME THE FOODS WHICH CAN SPIKE YOUR INSULIN LEVEL, NOT EVEN ARTIFICAL SWEETNERS OR DIET SODA.
- ADVANTAGES OF INTERMITTENT FASTING:
- Help in reducing blood sugar level
- Helps in increasing your lifespan
- Boosts immune system
- Helps in rejuvenation
- Decrease blood pressure, cholesterol, heart problem
- Protects brain damage
- Helps in growth of new neurons
- Leads to autophagy
- MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE DURING INTERMITTENT FASTING:
- People usually combine fats and carbohydrates while breaking fast. It should be strictly avoided as carbohydrates boost your insulin level and if fat is consumed together then fat also enters our cells with carbohydrates and it ultimately leads to weight gain.
- People doing intermittent fasting thinks that during fasting window they can have bullet proof coffee or fat coffee or keto coffee or they can have fruits or milk but these should be COMPLETELY AVOIDED as they contain calories and may spike your insulin level .
- If you think you can eat anything just to complete your calories in your eating window then just stop thinking because your body does not get the right amount of nutrients to fulfil its needs after the fasting window.
- Too much of fasting can reduce your metabolism which may hinder your weight loss.