In a true dry fast, nothing at all is consumed neither fruit nor water. The concept of dry fasting is inspired in a part from Muslim abstention from food and water during the month of Ramadan.
Dry fasting is basically that type of fasting which does not involve any kind of drinkables and any kind of eatables.
A person trying dry fasting should only do it once a week.
TIMINGS FOR DRY FASTING:
A person who is starting a dry fast can try it for 12 hours day and can slowly exceed the time period.
The time period can be exceeded to 16 hours to 24 hours to 36 hours.
BENEFITS OF DRY FASTING:
- Dry fasting helps you lose weight and builds immunity.
- This fasting helps in detoxifying the body
- Besides it helps in reducing the infection and inflammation in the body.
- Helps in treating vaginal infection.
- Cures common cold
- Heals cancer and tumour cyst
- Maintains hormonal balance
- It helps in flushing out negative emotions and negative thoughts and unblock our energy channels
- Boosts brain activity
HOW TO START DRY FASTING?
- If a person has never tried fasting ten they should start with intermittent fasting first.
It usually starts during night from dinner time so it should be noted to drink enough water till 8pm.
Timings for dry fasting:
- 8pm – 11 am(16hours)
- 8pm – 2pm(18 hours)
- 8pm – 4pm(20 hours)
- 8pm – 8pm(24 hours)
A person new to this fasting should try fasting for 16 hours first and then increase their fasting period steadily in particular.
WHAT NOT TO HAVE DAY BEFORE FASTING:
- Caffeine as it dehydrates your body and it’s very important to keep your body hydrated before the fasting period.
- One should also stay away from sugary eatables as sugar affix cravings which without a doubt which obviously tends to crave to have sugar during their fasting period.
WHAT TO EAT WHILE BREAKING YOUR FAST:
- Since digestive system is fragile, while breaking fast try dining slowly and particularly eat light.
- Eat nutrition rich foods(balanced diet)
- Drink water moreover add rock salt or sea salt
- Eat dates, bananas, figs
- Try eating fruits and nuts
- You can drink:
- Lemon water
- Coconut water
- jeera water
- barley water
FRUIT JUICES SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE SHOULD NOT FOLLOW DRY FASTING:
- People dealing with low blood pressure and low sugar level.
A person trying first time dry fasting has to deal with symptoms like headache
One should try to stay calm and positive.